Eric Ashman is a strategic advisor to founders of venture capital-backed startups. He has spent his career helping founders and CEOs realize their vision while navigating the challenges of building a high-growth early-stage company.
- Strategic Advisor, Executive Coach, Mentor
- Strategic Advisor @ M.M.LaFleur
- Advisory Board & Mentor @ EforAll Roxbury
- As the CFO of the Huffington Post, after a period of high growth in sales, audience, and team, he led the process that sold the company to AOL for $315 million.
- As the President of Thrillist Media Group, the company executed a spinout of the DTC e-commerce business, JackThreads, from Thrillist while simultaneously closing two separate funding rounds totaling $54 million from two different groups of investors.
- Less than a year after the spinout of JackThreads, Thrillist executed a simultaneous four-company merger, with a $100 million investment from Discovery Communications, to create Group Nine Media, the largest video publisher on mobile in the U.S.
- As the dot-com bubble burst, he led the restructure of Text 100, a global public relations agency, reigniting growth and profitability by improving operating margins, accelerating global expansion, and aligning global compensation incentives.
- Eric has assembled outstanding leadership teams that led companies through periods of high growth and complex challenges and built highly scalable operations teams from the ground up.